Tuesday 22 February 2011

Day 1: Planning!

So I generated several worlds, but wasn't finding a good new starting point, this current one was average at best. A hilly area, a shore - not too far away and water, not much in the way of mines. This is the area:


Click for full size:



To get a better idea here's the surrounding area from a height:
 above block build:


To it's left:



and right:


and behind me:


A very nice place for sure, but the only thing that was making me consider it was this flat, but very long and big patch of sand:



A large area of sand, one block deeper lower than the rest. I could either level it out or plonk my house in the middle, however I was already beginning to get another idea - using that whole sand area for a house. Sure a few of the corners would need altering but, I would keep where it went in however, so the building wasn't perfectly square, that is boring and I like little alcoves. After going around and making these alterations, I went of to mine and get some cobble in a nearby mounting, making a door hole in a mountain so as not to take a chunk out of the mountain and spoil the surrounding beauty.

When I returned I built myself up as high as Minecraft would let me on a single block and took an ariel pic to begin making a floor plan (As well as those above, left, right, behind land shots):



This would be my template to design with. I went into paint and added Black lines around the edge of my area and saved it as a different pic, then cutting it out in Photoshop and giving it a slight transparency before overlaying it on the existing picture as so, making note of where the sun and moon were:


This whole area is to be my home! Already I can see so many ideas and plans! This is with the plans for rooms at ground level:

The top left narrow corridor being the entrance and stairway up, with the connecting "L" shape underneath being the living room and possible kitchen at the far, maybe a more nicer sitting area to its right to complete the "L" shape. The corridor going to the goes to the back area with maybe one room being a storage room.

Tommorrow, I begin the foundations!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts