Monday 10 October 2011

First Stronghold! + Downgrading Hotel

After God knows how many tries at trying to find a 1.9 world that was "right", where the land inspired me to build I think I finally found something!


In desperation, I typed something a bit rude in the seed generator, and spawned in a forest as usual. Not to far away from spawn was a swamp which lead into a sand biome. As I headed into the sand, they they were, the two giant glass pillars marking a stronghold! My very first stronghold! Not too far away from spawn! If you're interested, I took this screenshot with F3 on:


You'll spawn in a forest, look around you for the start of a swamp and head
over to it, this will lead you to the sand biome and you can't miss it. Alternitvely,
type: gimmewhatifuckingwant as a seed! XD
Plenty of ideas about converting it into a home, repairing what's there, it has caves onto it as well, a ravine (I think) and one of those new "rooms" where you have to repair the blue things over the lava pool. I think this will eventually go to either the future sky-world or Ender-realm. I already tried once but went exploring straight off, (The first time i found it) without provisions. I died so i'm trying again, prepared this time - including a proper way down.

Right now food is a problem and I need to find my way back. I have mushrooms but only the brown ones, there are red ones, but I didn't pick them this time after getting lost before in the over-world. I need to start an immediate wheat or mushroom farm - or both! I might convert the jails into a mushroom farm and try and find somewhere for a wheat farm, but I need to get to the surface - quick.


Downgrading the Hotel
So, I think instead of a "Hotel" it's going to be an apartment blocks. I was reading someone's "I build a hotel" thread on Minecraft, and realized to be a hotel - a proper hotel it'd need things like a dining room as well, so naturally a large industrial kitchen etc. There isn't the room. The idea was If I ever converted it into a server people would have somewhere to stay, but this can still apply to apartments rather than a hotel.

Still working on the ceilings, the top floor is covered over with both a ceiling and a log roof which has being progressing fast. I have also been working on filling in the holes left by dirt supports, on the sides of the flats, glass and trying to create a uniform bay windows on the side and back. Naturally the pool will have to be something different, good job I've not dug too deeply into it. I think I'll create a private residential communal garden, and a gate for the side of the flats, which may mean a bit of a brick wall too. Fencing along the exposed edge of the mountain. One problem now though, the ground floor was to be a reception but as it won't be a hotel I need to change it. At first I thought about a communal hall with fake post lockers but not sure what to do with the rest of it. Or I could just convert it to another flat??

Latest pictures:


Excuse the mess, the back of the flats walls still have a long way to go!
Also dug out five more blocks width to the side of the flats. (Right of picture.)

The very top floor base flat, unfurnished. Nice size.
And finally a view from the roof:


Hopefully the posts on here will now be a bit more frequent now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts