Monday 2 January 2012

New texture Pack for World#1 V1.0


So I've done quite a bit more to the 1.0 version of World#1, the house that is. There has been an advancement of the ceiling, the kitchen, the wheat farm and work has already begun on building the upper level.




As you can see, I now how a small porch and a sloping roof over the front with fences as poles connecting it to the fencing of the porch. Here's where I ran into problems however. I usually do wood floors and I'm getting less and less happy with the painterly wood. I didn't want it to be the same wood as World#2, so opted for a different style. (Thick planks as apposed to floorboards.)  So this would mean a woolen floor, not a problem. However due to stairs sharing the wood style it just puts me off the wood more. And the only other choices were painterly's minecraft default wood (Which is okay is or white-wash which would look terrible.)

Anyway I realised I only chose painterly again because it was a homage to what I used originally. When I thought about it, I thought, this is meant to be a modern version of it, so it's time I brought in a new texture pack for it. Before we get to that though, let's look inside:



The ceiling is finished! even with the Glowstone, however, it is still quite dark inside, even with the floor spot lights as in the first picture. (Idea taken from my AllBases world.) After this however there was a bit of an accident when I found a creeper in my home:


The picture above is after I started to repair the corner. It was whilst repairing this however that I noticed that round the side of the house, where the ground dips, you can see the dirt foundation most of the way round. This has led to me raising up the gravel path by one block to hide it. Something you may notice to the left of picture 3 of this blog, albeit missing some gravel at the time.

The Wheat farm:



I did want that whole wall in the first picture to be glass, with the new texture pack, i still might, but I think it'd have to be glass blocks rather than panes. I'd still loose light on that wall if I did. (Torches don't stick to glass.)

Here's the new texture pack though, I chose JJJas0n's FancyCraft, (Didn't want Doku, and Misa's was juuuust not right for this world..)




With this new texture pack, I shall continue to work on building the upstairs. I really like the wood on this texture pack, and it's all high quality. I love the cobble as well it's like parquet flooring you see in really, really old buildings:


Looks really, nice. One of the big features of it is that colored wool has a wallpaper look to it and so can be used as such. Each with it's own style:



You can find the texture pack: Here

I highly recommend using it. If you like Misa's work you'll like this. really nice armor too, a choice of character skins (Male/Female), alternative mobs and even the MPC's have a different look each instead of one uniform look.

Until my next post. 

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts