Saturday 16 March 2013

Underground homes // Posh homes // 1.5 Prep // **** YOU OGRE!

Ugh it's been too long! All through March I've been meaning to make a post, it's always been in the back of my head - "must make a new blog post" but I keep forgetting! Too much irl stuff. So let's start with the main world - World#2:



With the release of 1.5 - The Redstone Update out, I will be preparing to move my Nether and then reset it. I very much want the new Nether Quartz and marble from it (As well as daylight detectors) so when the time comes, not only will I reset my Nether, I will take down the old Portal room - the portal, Netherrack, lava and all; and move the whole room elsewhere. Not only will I get a Nether, but hopefully a new spawn point within the Nether, so I can find lots of Nether quartz. To do this I will be moving the portal room further down to the very base of the mountain, way past the mob area, past quite a few lava pools to an area when I blasted down to Bedrock many many moons ago. The place needs fixing up first and I will have to remove all the Netherrack, lava and existing portal - but it will be worth it. I won't actually destroy the portal itself until Mo' Creatures updates to 1.5. (Rei's Mini Map is already there.)

The old, current and very small portal room:


I haven't done any more to the underground minecart system lately, and the library is starting to fill up with books, but it's a long way off completion yet. Apart from that there's not a great deal more done, I do have a few more new renovation ideas though. The outside of the apartment block is basic to say the least, so I tested on my creative copy of this world, a way to make it more aesthetically pleasing. So an upgrade to make it more pretty will happen, and I'm also currently re-lighting the board-walk with Glowstone. Due to the Nether move however, I don't have enough Glowstone to do this yet, so I'm placing said block, (under glass), every four blocks for now. Already it's much brighter at night.



The original idea was to have Glowstone all the way along the board-walk under glass. Whether I still do that remains to be seen. Also when I go fully over to 1.5 the bathroom is getting a marble make over, I've already experimented in the creative copy of this world, including having to drop the room down by one block (Due to the room above it), and made the working shower a lot, LOT more aesthetic!

====================================================================


Yes, World#1!

The other thing I did for the [then upcoming] 1.5 is update the texture pack for World#1, my original first world from 2010; when I then started making an underground home in, back in - 2011?

The painterly texture pack hadn't been upgraded since 1.4.2, so whilst I originally went to the site to upgrade it to the stable 1.4.7 [At least], I also made one for 1.5. I also made a 1.5 one for the above World#2. Anywho, the point it is, It is time to continue, I'm ready! With the way I felt with my building style changing in 2012 and being ready to renovate world #2 above; I am now ready to do the same for my underground home in World #1! I'm ready and I'm feeling it! So from 1.5 onwards I will take to continuing upgrading my underground home, especially the very abandoned level #7 area, deep underground with all the lava pools.

That is not all...

If you have followed this blog long enough you may remember this house that I built and planned in a sandpit in the middle of a forest:


It's been so long since I did anything to this world - it doesn't even have it's own banner! [Yet!]

Anyway, after I concluded building this home it was like, "Well what's next?" I was stumped for a while although I did have plans to make a dock/fishing area, as that was the nearest spot adjacent to water. Now though, I have new plans! I think I will convert this home to a modern home, and try and make it everything that the 1.9.5 world should have been. I might also change the texture pack to what I used on that world - Soartex fanver. Already I started making a few aesthetic changes. Instead of a standard 3 x 3 window:


For some reason, despite being next to a snow biome there are a lot of cats wandering around, I dunno probably due to Mo' Creatures more than anything. These are my plans for this house though!

Just after I made the screenshot for the "Aesthetic change", waiting for day to turn to take more pictures, a Cave Ogre spawned in my home:





The bathroom got off lightly, but the kitchen and biome-room are completely desecrated, walls are down and it's a complete mess.

Now I'm not sure, should I do a roll-back from a back-up save? (I only changed a few windows prior.) Or shall I use this as even more of a reason for a rebuild/restructure/modernzation, and just carry on?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts